Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Horrors of Hair Removal By Threading!


   For those of you who, like me, were blessed with hair in places you don't want it, you understand the trials of hair removal.  Shaving tends to give me razor burn.  What's worse-hair or red bumps?  So for years instead I got my bikini area and legs professionally waxed.  I eventually gave up the waxing because I hated having to let my hair grow in between waxings, and let's be honest-it hurts.  Now I usually only wax if I am going on a summer vacation so as not to have to worry.

  I usually bleach my upper lip to take care of a slight mustache, and I mean slight.  I had it waxed once years ago, but never went back.  For whatever reason, recently I had the bright idea to try threading my upper lip.  Threading is a Middle Eastern practice whereby strings are used to pull out all of your hair.  It was the most painful experience of my life! My upper lip was numb for two to three days afterwards from all of the trauma! So take this as a warning-unless you have an ungodly amount of body hair in sensitive places, threading is not likely for you.  The only thing I can say for it is that I hear threading your eyebrows for shape and clean-up is tolerable.  But as for your upper lip--intolerable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment