Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kids Of Celebrities Are Now Celebrities?

I opened up the latest edition of my favorite tabloid magazine and was fully engrossed. I was enjoying myself when I noticed the box entitled 'Celebrity Birthdays.' I took a peek to see who was getting older.  To my disgust I noticed that the magazine had the toddlers of celebrities listed in the birthday column.  It read something like this, "Madonna, 43  Bethenny Frankel, 39  Shiloh Pitt, 2." Seriously!  If I read one more article about Suri Cruise's wardrobe I might just puke. The girl isn't even old enough for kindergarten.

There are two major problems here. First, these are children. To go after and create celebrity in a child is as demented as caring about what they do.  Second, she has done nothing to become a celebrity. There is a major backlash on celebrities without talent, the Paris Hilton types so to speak.  We are sick of reading about people that have done nothing to earn the title 'celebrity'.  One would think that magazine editors would have their hand on the pulse of its readers.  Apparently not.

No comments:

Post a Comment